SHAFAQNA- Oily skin can be a pain to deal. The accumulation of excess oil on the outer skin layer often leads to whiteheads, blackheads, blind pimples and other skin irritations. But there is one big advantage. Oily skin tends to age better and develop fewer wrinkles than dry or normal skin. So, it’s not all bad.
The excess oil results from the sebaceous glands in the skin producing excess sebum. Those who have this condition usually have shiny skin and large pores.
Oily skin can be caused by genetics, dietary choices, and too much stress or hormone changes in the body due to puberty. Women also are more prone to oily skin during menstrual cycles, pregnancy, or menopause.
Oily skin can be difficult to manage, but there are many things you can do to solve this common problem. There is no need to use expensive, chemical-based skin care products. Many people have found simple home remedies to be equally effective.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Toner and cleanser
It is important to keep away the excess oil from your skin, so use blotting paper or face tissues to clean off that excess oil during the day. A mixture of vinegar and rose water, works as a wonderful toner for oily skin. Green tea and rose water toners also work quite effectively. Cleansing your face with milk is also an effective way of getting rid of oil. It helps to remove the oil, dirt and clears out the skin from deep inside. Take one Aloe Vera leaf and extract some gel. Now mix 2 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of aloe Vera gel with one cup of milk. Clean your face before going to bed every day with this mixture. It is important to remember that all skin types need moisture, so always keep your face moisturised.
Scrub your face
Oily skin attracts more dirt and dust as compared to the other skin types and exfoliation not only helps in removing dead cells but also cleans pores. Almond and honey scrub is best for such skin. Just add small amount of almond powder with honey to form a paste. Almonds are also effective for removing blemishes from the skin as they have natural skin whitening property.
High in vitamin A, egg whites can effectively dry out skin blemishes as well as tone and tighten up oily skin.
Egg whites can either be applied directly on the skin or can be mixed with other face masks. Mix one teaspoon of honey in the egg white along with flour to make a paste. Apply this mask on the face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Once the mask dries, wash it with water. The egg white masks will not only soak the oil but will also tighten the skin.
Apply fresh aloe vera gel three times a day.
This is a simple, quick remedy that can be helpful in getting rid of oily skin.
Tomato and Oatmeal Paste
· Blend a tomato in a blender until you get a smooth paste.
· Mix this puree with two tablespoons of finely ground oatmeal to form a paste.
· Apply this paste to your face and neck.
· Repeat regularly as necessary.
This will help to reduce greasiness on your skin.
*Alternately, you can use a paste of oatmeal, warm water, and a little lemon juice.
Papaya with honey
Papaya is very effective fruits for skin condition. Take an overripe papaya and slice it. Now separate the pulp and seed from it. Make it a paste by mixing one tsp of honey. Apply this paste for few minutes on your face.
Lemon juice is a good source of citric acid that works like an astringent. It also has antiseptic properties that can lighten skin discolorations and restore the skin’s pH balance. · Mix one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with one-half teaspoon of distilled water. Apply it on your skin using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. Lemon juice can dry out your skin, so apply some oil-free moisturizer afterward. Do this once daily. · Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice, one-half tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of milk. Apply this paste on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water. If done once daily, this remedy will give you positive results within a week.
Yogurt contains lactic acid that helps gently exfoliate the skin and absorbs excess oil from the face.
· Apply one tablespoon of plain yogurt thoroughly over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with cool water. Do this once daily.
· Alternatively, mix one tablespoon each of organic yogurt and finely ground oatmeal. Then stir in one teaspoon of warm honey. Apply the mixture on your face. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Apples work as a great exfoliating agent and they have mild antiseptic, astringent, and soothing properties that make them a great home remedy for oily skin. The malic acid in apples helps exfoliate dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil from the skin’s surface.
· Grate half an apple and place the shreds on your skin. Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes and then wash it off with tepid water.
· Mix one teaspoon each of grated apple, yogurt and lemon juice to form a smooth paste. Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse your face with cool water.
Cucumbers are also very beneficial for oily skin due to their cooling, astringent, and soothing properties. Also, the high vitamin and mineral content, including vitamins A and E, magnesium, and potassium, are good for oily skin. · Cut a fresh organic cucumber into thick slices, and rub them thoroughly on your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed. · Alternatively, mix one-half teaspoon each of cucumber juice and lime juice. Apply this mixture to your skin, let it dry, and then wash it off with warm water. Do this daily. This remedy can also be used to lighten freckles and reduce sunburn.
Use salt spray
This is one of the unique methods to get rid of the oily skin. All you need is a spray bottle to mix a teaspoon of salt with water. Shake the bottle well so that the salt completely dissolves in water. Spray this mixture on your face, at least once a day and pat it dry. You will notice a visible difference on your skin.
Tips to Prevent Oily Skin
· Control greasiness on your skin and clear the pores by rinsing your face with lukewarm water (warm water works as a good solvent), followed by a cold water rinse. Do this regularly at night before going to sleep. Do not over-wash, though.
· It is important to watch your diet to keep that menacing oil away from your face. Fats from our foods produce oil on our skin. It is best to avoid any fried or fast foods. It is also good to minimise the intake of sugars and starch, as they shoot up insulin levels that escalate the production of oil in skin. So, it is best to stick to healthy food that would take care of your body and skin.
http://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/new-logo-s-2.png00adminhttp://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/new-logo-s-2.pngadmin2015-05-10 22:39:392015-05-10 22:39:3911 Proven Ways to Get Rid of Oily Skin Fast