SHAFAQNA – Every year the grand pilgrimage of Imam Hussein’s Arbaeen in Iraq and the martyrdom of Imam Reza (pbuh) in Iran inspire glorious peaceful gatherings and demonstrations by devout followers of Ahlul Bayt, which reveal the true face of Islam in the face of relentless Zionist propaganda and blatant disregard for these historic events by the global mainstream media. This clearly highlights the sheer responsibility of sincere artists and seekers of justice and righteousness to commemorate these events and reflect their allegiance in their art.
For this purpose, the first international photo and film festival of “the Journey of Love” pays tribute to photographers and filmmakers from around the world to exhibit their works and add to the richness of these historic events.
Festival themes and subjects
A) Demonstrating the political, religious, social and epic dimensions of the Arbaeen pilgrimage and the martyrdom of Imam Reza (pbuh), highlighting the following:
• The followers of Abrahamic religions in the Arbaeen pilgrimage.
• The effects of Arbaeen pilgrimage on promoting the message of Ashura and Imam Hussain (pbuh)
• The educational significance of Arbaeen pilgrimage for children and families.
• Promoting the culture of sacrifice and humility in service to the pilgrims of Ahlebait.
• A historical view of the Arbaeen pilgrimage.
• Internalizing the values of the Arbaeen pilgrimage away from deviation and superstition.
• The presence of women and children exemplifying the virtues of Lady Zeinab (pbuh).
• The significance of the Arbaeen pilgrimage towards a global society with Mahdaviat.
• Global oppressive forces and terrorists in fear of the Arbaeen pilgrimage and what it represents.
• The importance of an informed public to the values of the Arbaeen pilgrimage.
B) Presenting and promoting the culture of Ashura from the following perspectives:
• Presenting the character of Imam Hussain and his followers.
• A historical study of the epic of Ashura.
• Haj and the rise of Imam Hussain
• Prayer and the rise of Imam Hussain.
• Presenting role models and life style based on the teachings of Imam Hussain and his followers.
• Enjoining good and preventing vice by Imam Hussain.
• The role of the defenders of the shrine of Ahlebait in preserving the Islamic culture.
Deadline for entries: September 06, 2017
Announcing the approved material: September 20, 2017
Festival opening ceremony: October 23, 2017 the holy city of Mashhad
Festival closing ceremony: October 27, 2017 the holy city of Karbala
Short, semi-long and full-length feature films
Short, semi-long (of at most 50 minutes running time) and full-length documentaries (longer than 50 minutes)
• There is no limit on the number of entries to the festival.
• All legal accountabilities lie on the applicant who completes the entry form.
• The received material will first be viewed by the festival committee and those in line with festival themes will be passed on to the jury.
• Once a material has been approved for competition it can no longer be removed.
• A certificate of acknowledgement will be given to all the entries approved for competition.
• The festival will not be held accountable for possible damages to the material due to ineffective delivery.
• Submitting the entry form means that the applicant has read and accepted the festival regulations.
• The festivals organizing committee will make decisions in case of unforeseen circumstances.
• The material delivered to the festival secretariat will not be returned.
*Incomplete application forms will not be processed.
Regulations for films and other television series
• It is necessary that each material be submitted on a single DVD to the festival secretariat.
• Every approved film for competition must submit a Blu Ray version to the festival secretariat.
• The name of the director and the film as well as the running time must be included.
• Only one award will be presented to those films with more than one producer, director or screenplay writer.
• To participate in the festival the entry form must be completed and signed by the legal owner of the film and submitted along with 3 screenshots and one personnel photograph with the director’s name to the festival’s secretariat.
• The festival’s organizing committee would be allowed to display 3 minutes of each film for the promotion of the festival.
• One copy of the screenplay must be submitted to the festival on CD or through our website in the form of a PDF file with A4 paper size and 21 lines with the font size of 14.
• Every photographer can send up to 5 photographs to the festival’s secretariat.
• Photographs must be in JPEG format with maximum size 10 megabits and a minimum of 1800 pixels for the smaller side.
• The photographs should not include signatures, frames, water marks or logos.
• If the quality of the submitted photos is not sufficiently high for printing a higher quality file will be requested.
• The organizing committee holds the sender of the photograph accountable for any possible discrepancies.
• The festival reserves the right to print the photographers’ names and publish their photographs in books, brochures or magazines related to the festival.
• There are no restrictions in this section and the public can participate.
• Photos in the public section can be emailed or uploaded on the festival’s website.
• Each individual can send up to 5 photographs related to the Arbaeen pilgrimage or the martyrdom of Imam Reza (pbuh)
Application and submission
Those interested can complete the application form on the festival’s website www.Masireeshgh.com or Filmfreeway.
There will be no application cost for this event. Once the submitted material is approved, the festival will cover all travel expenses including airfare, accommodation, transportation and meals.
Festival’s website: www.Masireeshgh.com
Address: Tehran, Enghelab St, Abureihan St, Shahid Rostami, number 1, unit 2