SHAFAQNA – The Grand Ayatollah Sistani answered a question about cases where the present cannot be taken back.
Question: In what conditions the given present can be taken back?
The Grand Ayatollah Sistani: A person who gives a present to another person can take it back except in five cases.
- Has given the present with the intention of obeying and satisfaction of God.
- Has given the present to one of the close relatives.
- The person who has received the present has given something in exchange, with or without condition.
- The present has been transferred to another person’s ownership like selling it or etc.
- The present receiver has made changes to it.
Source: PERSIAN SHAFAQNA