What would you suggest to cure my quick anger and emotion, which is called “stress” by psychologists?
I am answering you with a full conviction that if you follow the answer, you will get the result; otherwise, you will remain as you are. The cure is a mixture of moral and practical matters. You should do the following:
1. Recite the fact of submission to Allah so that your heart feels peaceful with the mention of Allah the Almighty and then you will see the things that provoke you as simple and easy.
2. Always be (legally) pure.
3. Do not commit any sin.
4. Keep away from anything that provokes your nerves!
5. Always keep your tongue busy with the remembrance of Allah and especially with certain glorifications like “La hawla wala quwwata illa billah al-alliy al-adheem (there is no power save in Allah, the Exalted, the Great)” and “Astaghfirullah (I pray to Allah to forgive me)”.
6. Drink cold water whenever you are provoked, pour some on your head, and say salawat (peace and blessings be upon Muhammad and his progeny).
7. Go to an open place to breathe fresh air and to look as far as you can.
8. Be totally indifferent to the thing that causes your anger. Tell yourself that you are more precious than that and so it does not behove you to exhaust your power and harm yourself.
Answered by: Abdul Adheem al-Muhtadi al-Bahrani