SHAFAQNA – Ayah 118 of Surah Al-e-Imran says: Oâ€™ believers, if you think and refer to your wisdom, you must not get close to those who are not from your own fellows, so that they are able to find out about your secrets. Oâ€™ you who believe do not take others other than your fellows as your secret bearers, and then it mentions the signs of others who must not be trusted and taken as confident.
- Those who enjoy seeing you suffer; they love to see you in difficulty and hardship.
- Those who do not hesitate to strike at your mind and thought; they do not hesitate to inflict corruption and mischief on you.
- They have open enmity in their tongues and they even have more hatred in their hearts.
- They do not like you but you like them because of your good nature. Ayah 119 of Surah Al-e-Imran says: Do not think that your kindness will make them kind towards you.
- They get annoyed when slightest good happens to you as mentioned in Ayah 120 of Surah Al-e-Imran.
- And if anything bad happens to you they delight in it, again as mentioned in Ayah 120 of Surah Al-e-Imran.
These are some of the ways to know the enemies which are mentioned in Ayahs 118-120 of Surah Al-e-Imran. It is interesting to know that what nullify the above 6 points are patience and piety because the enemy penetrates by the way of creating fear and covetousness (greed) or impudence and wickedness. Fear and covetousness can be combated with patience whilst impudence and wickedness by believe in the presence of Allah (SWT) as mentioned in Ayah 120 of Surah Al-e-Imran.