In addition to looking drab and unhealthy, dry hair can lead to hair loss and dandruff. This is why you need to treat dry hair as soon as possible.
Hair becomes dry when the hair shafts do not absorb or retain enough moisture, resulting in a brittle, lackluster appearance. This can be due to illness or nutritional deficiencies, use of harsh hair products, excessively washing your hair, and frequent use of heated styling tools or hair dye.
Taking good care of your hair, eating a healthy diet, using quality hair care products meant for your hair type and using some over-the-counter conditioners can prevent it from drying out. Plus, there are many simple home remedies that can help treat dry hair and restore its health and shine.
Home Remedies for Dry Hair
Avocado and Olive Oil
Scoop out and mash the insides of a ripe avocado. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and mix well until the mixture is thick and smooth. Shampoo and rinse your hair then apply the mixture to your hair and leave it in place for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shampoo your hair with your normal shampoo. This mixture is particularly good because avocado is a great source for Vitamins A and E and saturated fats.
The wonders of coconut oil never cease! This oil is heavy, which is great for penetrating deep into the hair shaft, but use it sparingly, especially if you have fine or thin hair. Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and apply to the ends of damp hair. If the oil is solid just warm in the microwave until liquid before applying. Got really dry hair? Keep the oil on overnight and shampoo out in the morning.
Banana and Honey
A banana and honey mask will increase the hydration of your hair to leave it very soft and well-nourished. Take one very ripe banana and mash it – the riper the banana the better. If you have very long hair, you may need to use 2 bananas. Add a tablespoon of almond oil (if available) and two tablespoons of honey and mix well. This mask should be applied when your hair is dry. Leave it on your hair for 20-30 minutes then wash your hair as normal.
Mayonnaise is an excellent ingredient for treating dry hair at home. It contains lots of protein that will help make your hair soft and shiny.
· Measure out one cup of full-fat mayonnaise. Apply a thick layer of it on slightly damp hair and scalp.
· Massage the mayonnaise into your scalp and then work it through your hair to the ends.
· Cover your hair and head with a plastic cap for about an hour.
· Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water and then shampoo as usual.
· Repeat weekly to hydrate very dry hair.
The protein in eggs can help you give your hair a healthier shine. Mix an egg in lukewarm water and lather it on the hair, then use lukewarm water to rinse it away. If the water is too hot it will cook the egg.
You can also mix three eggs, two tablespoons olive oil and a teaspoon of vinegar to create a deep cleansing treatment. Place this mixture on the hair and leave it in place for half an hour before washing your hair according to your normal routine.
Aloe vera has moisturizing properties that can turn your dry hair into soft and shiny. Combine 3- 4 tsp. aloe vera gel, 11/2 tbsp. coconut oil with 3 tbsp. yogurt and mix them together. Apply the solution to your hair and leave for 20-30 minutes. Then wash off the mixture as usual.
Essential Oil Mixture
Once a week, choose your favorite oil and warm 2-3 teaspoons of the oil. Olive, almond, coconut or jojoba oils are particularly good for this purpose. Be sure the oil is not too hot as you massage it into your hair. Wrap your hair in a warm towel for about 20 minutes. Shampoo the oil out of your hair and condition if you feel you need the extra conditioning. Do not use too much oil since it can leave your hair looking greasy after you rinse your hair.
Due to its high content of nutrients and emollient-rich properties, sesame oil can combat hair dryness by protecting and healing the outer damaged layer of your hair. Plus, its antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties can help prevent hair loss.
· Mix two to three teaspoons of sesame oil with some grated ginger and massage it into your scalp for five to 10 minutes. Wrap your hair in a warm towel and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, shampoo your hair as usual. Do this once a week.
· Alternatively, mix one tablespoon each of beetroot juice, sesame oil and lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your scalp using your fingertips. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning. Do this once a week.
Pumpkin + Honey
Pumpkins have lots of amazing benefits – they’re rich in vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, potassium, and zinc. Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey, a natural humectant, to one cup of pumpkin puree and pack as much as you can onto your hair and scalp. You’ll need to wear a shower cap to keep the mask in place. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes and then rinse. Feel free to apply to your face as well!
Simply adding a teaspoon of vinegar to your final hair rinse can be effective in treating dry tresses. You could also mix 2 cups of water with one-half cup of vinegar, massage it into your hair after you shampoo, and leave it in for several minutes ”” up to an hour ”” before rinsing.
Boil a few stalks of okra until they are soft. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool. Remove the okra stalks from the water. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo then use the okra water as a conditioner. Rinse your hair as you normally would.
Tips to Prevent Dry Hair
· Cut back on your shampooing habits. Remember that too frequent use of shampoo can make your hair very dry.
· Use a hair dryer sparingly. The dry heat will pull the moisture out of your hair.
· Avoid the overuse of hair products. These can be very drying and will make your hair more brittle.
· Avoid dust and other pollutants that can dry your hair.
· Do not comb or brush wet hair since this will increase the possibility of breaking your hair off.
· Use only warm water to wash your hair and rinse with cool water. Hot water tends to strip the moisture out of your hair.
http://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/new-logo-s-2.png00adminhttp://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/new-logo-s-2.pngadmin2015-05-05 23:04:332015-05-05 23:04:33How to Turn Dry Hair to Healthy Hair