SHAFAQNA- Hearing is a sense without which the man is not able to connect with his surroundings properly. This excellent ability gives the human a very special position comparing with other creatures.
Unfortunately, some patients are deprived of auditory ability as a result of impairment in this system. Therefore, taking hearing disorders into consideration needs more attention.
Imam Reza’s (A.S.) Dar al-Shifa which dates back to the Safavid era (502 years ago) was opened , after the victory of Islamic Revolution, at its previous place (in front of current banquet hall) in a 900-square meter land and it had a space of 2700 square meters. This three-floor building started its activities concurrent with the Ghadeer Eid on Mordad 21, 1359/ August 12, 1980.
The new building of Imam Reza’s (A.S.) Dar al-Shifa was inaugurated on Azar 12, 1388/ December 3, 2009. The new Dar al-Shifa is located at Sheikh Tousi entrance and Razavi Shrine’s U-turn on Shirazi Street. This four-storey building has an area of 4939 square meters and it was constructed with a 40 billion Rials credit.
Making appointments for the patients, conducting medical tests, radiology, injections, dentistry services, para clinical services, offering cultural services to guide the public, informing people and particularly the Razavi pilgrims about health issues properly, providing educational facilities, and offering mutual scientific services are some of the goals of this medical center. This center also renders, if possible, free services to the poor and needy families particularly families of Razavi pilgrims.
It was Bahman 27, 1389/ February 16, 2011 when another service was added to other services offered by this medical center. Launching the audiology ward of this center, Razavi pilgrims and people of Mashhad could, relying on God, relieve their hearing problems at this holy place. To give more sense of calmness to the female patients, some affairs such as visiting, examining, and also prescribing hearing aids are done by female audiologists, in audiometry ward of Imam Reza (A.S.) clinic.