SHAFAQNA (Shia International News Association) – Ways which can make dying easier are outlined below.
- Keeping a good relationship with family members and relatives and visiting them.
- Being kind to father and mother.
- Help the believing brothers.
- Recite Surah Ya-Sin and Al-Safaat for a person who is at the point of death.
- To fast one day of the last days of the month of Rajab.
- Recite Surah Al-Zelzal in recommended (Mostahab) prayers (Salaat).
- Pray the obligatory Salaats on time, without delays and excuses .
It is narrated that Fazil ibn Ayaz who was a religious scholar went to visit one of his best students who was dying. Fazil started reciting Surah Ya-Sin, the student asked him not to recite it. Fazil told him: Recite La Elaha elallah but the student refused and died. Fazil was surprised and became sad. After a while Fazil saw his student in sleep whilst he was being taken to hell. Fazil asked him: What did you do? The student replied: 3 things I did; telling tales, jealousy and drinking wine. I had an illness and the doctor advised me to drink a certain amount of wine in a year to save my life and I followed his advice .
 Manazelol Akherah, Page 15-19.
 As above Page 23.