What is the most effective way of mourning for Imam Hussain (AS)?

SHAFAQNA – Many any benefits can be gained by taking part in the mourning ceremonies for Imam Hussain (AS). Weeping is a very good thing but this is may be 10% of the benefits, the other 90% can be attained by understanding and analysis of the events of Ashura Movement as well as the history of Islam based on Quran and narrations by listening to scholarly speeches. If you see an independent society as a result of the blessings of Imam Hussain (AS); this is the consequence of that scholarly understanding.

It is said: The sleep of a learned is better that prayer of a non-learned; the learned one cannot be deceived [1]. The Prophet of Islam (PBUH) said: There is no use to sit in a meeting for an hour without learning anything. All our deeds must be for the sake of God, the best thing to get near to God is justice and wisdom. If a person sits in a meeting and learns nothing, will move away from God. God, means absolute justice, means absolute wisdom, and means absolute knowledge. When a person moves away from justice and wisdom, will move away from knowledge and moves away from scholarly words, such a person naturally will fall [2].

[1] Alkafi, Vol. 1, page 455.

[2] Ayah 31, Surah Al-Hajj

Translated from parts of speech by the Grand Ayatollah Javadi Amoli

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *