Date :Friday, October 19th, 2018 | Time : 10:51 |ID: 74633 | Print

Ahvaz terror attack “IS perpetrator” killed in Iraq

, , , , ,

SHAFAQNADaesh military official responsible for recent terror attack in the Iranian city of Ahvaz was killed in Diyaleh, east of Iraq, Secretary General of Badr Organization, a major resistance group in Iraq, Hadi Al-Ameri announced.

In a statement on Tuesday, Sumeria News Agency said that Daesh military official called ‘Abu Zhuha’ was killed by the organization’s forces.

Hadi Al-Ameri  stressed that cleansing operations will continue until full establishment of security and stability in the province.

Simultaneously, Public Relations Department of Islamic Revolution’s Guards Corps (IRGC) has named Abu Zhuha as the main perpetrator of terrorist crimes in Ahvaz on September 22, confirming that he was killed along with four other terrorists during a surprise operation by the Iraqi resistance forces in Diyaleh province. On 22 September, the attack in Ahvaz left 25 people dead and more than 60 others including women and children, injured.

The attackers were all killed by Iranian security forces.

President Hassan Rouhani said a “crushing” response awaited those responsible for the attack.

And Ayatollah Khamenei tasked Iran’s intelligence services with prompt work to identify the perpetrators and hand them over to the Iranian Judiciary.

On 24 September, Minister of Intelligence Mahmoud Alavi said that most of the persons behind the attack had been arrested, Tehran Times noticed.

On 1 October, Islamic Revolutions’ Guard Corps (IRGC), in retaliation for the terrorist attack, launched  several surface-to-surface ballistic missiles at terrorists’ positions in Bukamal region, east of Euphrates in Syria.

Last year, on 7 June 2017, two terrorist attacks were simultaneously carried out by five terrorists belonging to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) against the Iranian Parliament building and the Mausoleum of Ruhollah Khomeini, both in Tehran, Iran, leaving 17 civilians dead and 43 wounded.

On 18 June 2017, the IRGC announced that a series of medium-range ground-to-ground missiles were launched at ISIL group headquarters in the Syrian city of Dayr al-Zawr, the missiles being fired from Iran’s western provinces of Kermanshah and Kurdistan. Striking in response to the terrorist attacks in Tehran, the IRGC stated that their strikes resulted in the death of a significant number of extremists as well as the destruction of a large number of weapons, ammunition, and equipment belonging to them.

 

Read more from Shafaqna:

Photos: Iran’s response to Ahvaz terrorist attack ringleaders

Ahvaz terror attack: Iran blames US and regional terror sponsors

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *