SHAFAQNA – Below are 6 examples of when the Prophet and his family allowed a Sayyida to marry a non-Sayyid:
1. Zainab, the cousin of the Prophet, who was from Bani Hashim and the granddaughter of Abdul Muttalib, married Zaid, who was a slave adopted by the Prophet. This is an early example of a non-Sayyid marrying a Sayyida under the watch of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) although it did later end in divorce.
2. Another example is the marriage of Dhuba’ah, cousin of the Prophet and granddaughter of Abdul Muttalib, with the famous companion Miqdad ibn Amr who was from Yemen. Miqdad is known as one of the most loyal companions of the Prophet who remained steadfast with Imam Ali (as) until his martyrdom.
3. Also, we have Umama, the daughter of the Prophet’s uncle Hamza; who married Salama bin Abi Salama who was not from Bani Hashim.
4. Um Hassan, the daughter of Imam Ali (as) was married to Ju’da bin Hubayr Al-Makhzuni who was not from Bani Hashim.
5. Ramla, another daughter of Imam Ali (as) was married to Sult Al-Nawfali who was not from Bani Hashim.
6. Fatima Al-Sughra, also a daughter of Imam Ali (as) was married to Saeed Al-Asadi who was not from Bani Hashim.
https://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/sayyid.jpg313611catherinehttp://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/new-logo-s-2.pngcatherine2017-04-01 12:13:482017-04-01 12:13:48Can a Sayyida marry a non Sayyid?