Shafaqna – Dar al-Ilm Project (Al-Khoei Institute) will be inaugurated in 2016 (1437 AH).
Dar al-Ilm Project (Al-Khoei Institute):
1. The Dar al-Ilm Project was originally a religious seminary founded by the late Imam al-Khoei in 1970 in Najaf. The former regime demolished the seminary in 1990 which is the basis of this new project that has been re-established on a land area of 3320 m², 30 m from the Shrine of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (as). The land was 16 properties that had been purchased by Imam Al-Khoei.
2. The project consists of two 11-story buildings that have been constructed on a total area of 28000 m², approx. cost $40 million.
3. The inauguration of the first building will be in the year 2016 (1437 AH).
4. The Dar al-Ilm Project is a charity endowment (waqf) supervised by the supreme marja in Najaf.
5. The Dar al-Ilm Project consists of:
– A hawza seminary with 40 various sized classrooms for students.
– An academy for interfaith studies and dialogue.
– A Library located on 2 underground levels with capacity for 1 million and a half books, 24 rooms dedicated for visiting researchers, and special areas for women, children, and disabled people.
– A prayer hall (850 m²) with a capacity of 800 worshippers.
– 2 conference halls each with a capacity of 700 people.
– 10 guest rooms for visiting professors and hawza scholars.
– Student Dormitory: 300 rooms for resident students.
– A studio for the production of religious and cultural programmes.
– An observatory.
– Najaf seminary museum.
– A kitchen with a dining facilities for 400 people.
– 9 elevators, enclosed lounge area and garden, facilities areas for central cooling/heating, backup power generators, electronic services, and a gym.
– A special gravesite for Najafs scholars and marjas.