The Glorious Qur’an is the Word of Allah as revealed to His Prophet, Muhammad, peace be on him and his progeny.
* On reading the Qur’an one is at once convinced that it is the Word of Allah, for no man can write such perfect guidance on so many subjects.
* The Holy Qur’an says that no man will be able to forge even a part of it and that no corruption shall touch it from any side. It is a miracle that the Holy Qur’an has remained unchanged and unaltered during all these 1400 years and it shall remain so till the Day of Resurrection, for Allah, has taken it on Himself to protect it.
* The Book of Allah is like an ocean. The less learned, like children, collect pebbles and shells from its shores. The scholars and thinkers, like pearl divers, bring out from it the highest philosophy, wisdom and rules of a perfect way of living.
* For easy daily recitation, the Qur’an is divided into thirty equal parts. One part takes only twenty-four reading minutes, and the whole Book requires twelve reading hours. There are 114 chapters, and 6,226 verses, containing 99,464 words made up of 3,30,113 letters.
* Millions of Muslims read the Qur’an daily. Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) has said that, the minimum daily reading of the Qur’an should be fifty verses or one-fourth of the part, about five minutes reading.