SHAFAQNA – Yemen’s Ansarullah movement has warned the international community against providing a cover for Saudi Arabia’s atrocities in the country.
Abdulsalam further called on the Popular Committees and allied army soldiers to step up their operations against the Saudi military and mercenaries.
The remarks came hours after three women and six children from the same family were killed and three other injured in a Saudi-led airstrike on the Mahda district of northwestern Yemeni city of Sa’ada.
Abdel-Ilah al-Azzi, the head of the local health department, said, “We are recording all the crimes of the enemy and we will not forget them. All the criminals will be put on trial soon, God willing.”
The deadly air raid took place at dawn on Friday while the family was asleep.
The Saudi regime launched an illegal aggression on Yemen in March 2015 in an attempt to force back the country’s former government to power. The brutal aggression has so far claimed the lives of some 13,000 Yemenis mostly civilians including women and children.
The Saudi military aggression has also taken a heavy toll on Yemen’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, mosques and factories.
Additionally, there have been 1,900 cholera deaths and 440,000 cases since April this year– a number that exceeds the global record of more than 340,000 cases in Haiti for the whole of 2011.
Oxfam predicts the number of victims could reach 600,000 while the World Health Organisation says cholera cases have spread to 21 of the country’s 23 provinces.
Save the Children charity group recently warned that over one million Yemeni children are at risk of dying from cholera due to a Saudi-led aggression and blockade against the impoverished Arab state.