SHAFAQNA – Saudi warplanes have carried out a fresh deadly attack on civilian areas in Yemen’s northern province of Sa’ada to bring the toll from children falling victim to the attacks to seven in less than a day.
Yemen’s al-Masirah TV said Tuesday that four children and five other civilians had been killed in the Saudi attack on the district of Razih in Sa’ada.
The attack was the latest to target children in the Yemeni province where people mostly support the Houthi Ansarullah movement, the party that rules the capital Sana’a while resisting an all-out Saudi-led military aggression. Saudi jets had hit the Sahar district of Sa’ada on Monday, killing 10, including five children and a woman. Two of the victims in the Tuesday attack in Razih were also women.
Saudi Arabia has consistently dismissed reports that its devastating air campaign, which it says is meant to restore a sacked president, has mostly targeted civilians rather than Ansarullah fighters. More than 13,000 people have been killed since the start of the multi-prong war in March 2015 as Saudi Arabia keeps ignoring international calls for a halt to the the illegal campaign against the impoverished southern neighbor.
Estimates by international monitors, including those from the United Nations, have confirmed the death of civilians, including many children who have lost their lives in attacks targeting their homes. Many more children have suffered from the war as a result of losing their parents.
The attacks by Saudis and allies have also inflicted huge losses on Yemen’s civilian infrastructure with many hospitals, schools, and factories now in ruins. Those facilities are normally used by Yemenis as a shelter against the attacks while Saudis designate any place crowded by people close to Ansarullah as a hideout.