SHAFAQNA – Nineteen people have been confirmed dead and around 50 others injured by police who are now treating the explosion that happened outside the Manchester Arena as a terrorist incident until they “know otherwise”.
Greater Manchester Police confirmed the number of fatalities in a statement which read:
“Just before 10:35pm on Monday 22 May 2017, police were called to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena. So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 other injured.”
“This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise”.
A large number of ambulances and police vehicles are at the scene following a number of unconfirmed reports of explosion-like noises. However, no reports of an explosion have yet been officially confirmed.
“Officers are at Manchester Arena following reports of an explosion within the foyer area of the stadium at 10.30pm this evening,” British Transport Police said in a statement. “Emergency services are at the scene and we are working to establish more information regarding the explosion and will provide further updates as soon as possible.”
“Emergency services are dealing with an incident near Manchester Victoria, resulting in all lines being closed,” National Rail said in a statement. “Trains are currently unable to run to/from Manchester Victoria. Some trains will be canceled throughout or start/terminate at alternative stations.”
https://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/breaking-news.jpg286500catherinehttp://en.shafaqna.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/new-logo-s-2.pngcatherine2017-05-23 06:46:422017-05-23 06:46:42Suspected Terror attack on Manchester Arena