Baking soda is also effective in indigestion problem. Take half tsp of baking soda and mix it in 1/4 glass of water. If you want you can add little amount of honey.
Camomile is also an aged old solution. Take twice a day Camomile tea. It soothes your bodies intestine and helps to reduce indigestion trouble.
Coriander is an effective spice to treat indigestion.
· Add some roasted coriander seeds to half a glass of buttermilk and drink it twice a day.
· You can also mix roasted coriander with ground cardamom seeds, cloves and ginger to make a paste.
Sour yogurt helps to soothe our intestines. Try to take at least 3 teaspoon of sour yogurt. It will reduce digestion to a greater extent.
Eating food rich in fiber, like an apple, can be helpful at the first sign of indigestion. The peel is high in fiber, so leave the peel on for best results. Fiber helps clear a clogged digestive system and can give you relief from a stomach ache within a few minutes.
Grapefruit peels have vitamins and nutrients that ease heat and irritation in the stomach due to indigestion. It also will help improve the flow of digestive juices, making your digestive system function better.
· Grate some grapefruit peel and allow it to dry in the sun for a few hours.
· Swallow half a teaspoon of the dried peel when you have a stomach ache.
Oranges can calm your stomach as they contain a variety of natural acids, particularly citric and ascorbic acids. Eating an orange or drinking freshly squeezed orange juice prior to eating a heavy meal will help increase acid in your stomach and improve your digestion capacity. Pineapple juice is also a good option.
This readily available spice can be of great help when suffering from indigestion. Cinnamon helps in the digestion process and can provide instant relief from cramps and bloating.
· Make a cup of cinnamon tea by adding one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of boiling water and let it steep for a few minutes.
· Drink it while it is still warm for best results.
Other Useful Ways to Get Rid of Indigestion
· You should avoid all junk foods, fatty, fried foods, spicy foods like pickles, curries and so on.
· In order to make your food digest eat every meal slowly and chew it well. It will keep your digestive system work very well.
· Eat regularly and do not miss meals.
· Avoid eating large meals, especially at night.
· By walking your mental pressure will be released. This will help to improve your digestive system. Also it helps to soothe your bodies’ imbalances. However, you should not indulge in any rigorous physical activity immediately after your meal. A brisk walk at night after your meal will help with digestion.
· If possible then try to avoid drinking coffee. Try to stop drinking it when your problem is ongoing. Caffeine is also harmful! I will suggest you not to consume caffeine at all. Avoid drinking Alcohol and quit smoking.