SHAFAQNA – Replying to a question by Komail ibn Ziad, Imam Ali (AS) said: The foundations of Islam (which are needed for everyday behaviour) are based on 7 elements and they are.
- Wisdom which is the base of patience
- Observing and protecting others dignity and respect as well as telling the truth (at all the times)
- Reciting the holy Quran in its right place
- Friendship and enmity for the sake of God
- Observing the rights of the family of the Prophet (PBUH) and recognition of their Welayat
- Observing the rights of brothers (Muslims and other human beings) and supporting them
- Be a good companion and neighbour for people 
 Tohaful Oqool, page 196.